What is Proud of Our People, Our Business, Our Community?
At River Rock Casino Resort, we recognize that our volunteer efforts and presence in the community is as integral to our business as the operation itself.
As a member of the Great Canadian family, River Rock is humbled by the opportunity be an active community partner in Richmond and the region.
PROUD of our people, our business, our community is River Rock’s brand that represents our community, volunteering and social responsibility efforts. Simply put, we are PROUD of the positive difference that River Rock can make by supporting local organizations either through time, resources or talent.
PROUD of our people
Our PROUD employee volunteer program allows us as an organization to recognize, encourage and most importantly reward the efforts of our colleagues who volunteer and support their communities. It is because of their charitable endeavours and desire to help their community that we are able to achieve our goal which is to positively impact the various needs, causes and projects that matter the most in our communities.
PROUD of our business
Every year, Great Canadian invests over $2 million in communities across the country. River Rock’s PROUD community activities, countless volunteer hours and hundreds of events and fundraisers support this contribution and directly impacts local groups and those that they help.
PROUD of our community
Here is just a short list of some of the charitable organizations River Rock Casino Resort has recently supported:
- BC Children’s Hospital Foundation
- Community Arts Council of Richmond
- Musical Therapy Ride
- Nova House
- Richmond Centre for Disability
- Richmond Chinese Community Society
- Richmond Food Bank
- Richmond Hospice Association
- Richmond Sunset Rotary Club
- Rosewood Manor care Foundation
- Steveston Community Society
To learn more about Great Canadian’s support of all of their communities, please click here.
Become a PROUD River Rock Community Partner
To help grow our PROUD commitment, we are always looking for opportunities to work with community leaders and organizations that effect positive change, in whatever capacity would be most valuable to them. Here are some common principles and values we look for in a PROUD community partner.
- We look to support groups and organizations whose mandate is local and whose work has a direct impact on their community.
- To create healthy and active relationships in our community, we strive for partnerships rather than a sponsorship.
- We value an organization’s diversity of programs they offer in support of their community.
- We expect groups and organizations to employ sound financial practices and sustainable funding tactics.
We encourage registered charities and non-profit organizations to contact us if they feel they are consistent with these principles, but regrettably we cannot support religious, political or advocacy groups, individual fundraising pursuits, or organizations that are inconsistent with our values.